One of my New Years resolutions was to try new things. It’s kind of a cheat of a resolution because that’s something I like to do anyway but we’ll let that one slide. By my definition a new thing can be anything from a nail polish to a work out class, from an app to a recipe. Anything. So, here’s what I tried this month.
- Glossybox. Since P was kind enough to get me a subscription to Glossybox for Christmas I have had two boxes delivered in Januray, including the introductory one. I’ve written about it more here, so I won’t go into details, but so far I really like it.
- Vinyl records. Again, this is Christmas related. Since my father got me a record player I have been enjoying shopping for, and playing vinyl. I’m already building up a small collection and I’m having a lot of fun with it. For some reason vinyl records are a lot more exciting to collect than CDs are. Novelty? Time will tell.
- Guiness and port. Sometimes people call this “Midnight.” Ugh. Turns if I’m already a bit tipsy, this tastes delicious and is an excellent idea. However, this is one new thing I’ve tried that I have no intention of returning to. Can you guess why?
- Making a Murderer. I’ve mentioned before that I’m bad at watching TV, so I’ve not finished this in a single sitting like some people I know. However, I’m already about halfway through, which is pretty good going for me. It is alarming and infuriating and I can’t wait to see what happens next.
- Courgetti bolognese. My mother bought me a spiraliser for Christmas and I have been spiralising everything. I would spiralise cheese if I could. However, most of what I’ve spiralised has gone into salads and it was only the other day when I made the traditional pasta/courgette substitute. I love it. Possibly even more than regular pasta. However, I once tried to make cauliflower “bread” sticks, so it’s possible I went off the deep end some time ago.
So there you have it. Four things I recommend and one that I really, really don’t. Did you try anything new this month?