One of my New Years resolutions was to try new things. It’s kind of a cheat of a resolution because that’s something I like to do anyway but we’ll let that one slide. By my definition a new thing can be anything from a nail polish to a work out class, from an app to a recipe. Anything. So, here’s what I tried this month.
- New card games: I tried Coup and Exploding Kittens at M’s games day. I liked Coup a lot and Exploding Kittens a little. Coup is really easy to pick up but kind of evil and requires some skill at bluffing.
- Theatre: I went to see Private Lives at the theatre with Lord of the Moon. It’s the first time I’ve seen that play, the first time I’ve seen any play by Noel Coward and the first time I visited The Theatre Royal in Glasgow. I had a brilliant time!
- Quitting bread: I stopped eating bread on the 9th of February for Lent. I’ve been avoiding toast, sandwiches and wraps but I am allowing myself to eat pizza because… well, because pizza.
- Parks and Recreation: After reading Amy Poehler’s book I finally got around to watching Parks and Rec and I’m an instant fan. I races through the first series on Netflix and didn’t even realise I was watching season 2 until I was already up to the third episode.
- Thai food in Glasgow: I had somehow never eaten Thai food in Glasgow until J came to visit and we went to the Tiki Bar and Kitsch Inn. Everything was delicious and it set a really high bar but I’m keen to go try more places, (I’m looking at you, Thai Lemongrass, Thairiffic and Thai Siam…)
So there you have it. Five new things I tried, four that I recommend and one that I don’t. I really, really, miss bread.
If you want to know about the new things I tried in January you can read about them here. What new things have you tried recently?
Finally, something a bit different. B.G. Over at Getting Through Anxiety has nominated me to play this either/or game. Thanks, B.G! Here we go:
My answers, provided with exactly as much context as the questions are asked with:
- Action Movies
Cool. Take from that what you will.
I’m always up for these kinds of games and challenges, and for answering questions about almost anything. Do feel free to send me stuff and, if you’d like to, feel free to participate in this one. Let me know if you do!