Thanks for the blogging prompt from Female Geek Bloggers on Google Plus. I’m doing it a week late because I’m terrible at planning but I hope they won’t mind. Incidentally, if you’re looking for a really positive blogging community you could do a lot worse than these lovely people. Ok, here we go:
- Phone. Obviously. Mine is a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini with a recently and tragically cracked screen. I wouldn’t say I love my phone specifically, but I love having a smart phone. I’m in the market for a new one – it has to be Android, I have certain internal memory requirements and so on and, most importantly, it has to fit in the pockets of my jeans. Being a woman who wears women’s jeans my choice will therefore probably be restricted to about 2 phones and I will likely choose the cheaper one.
- Purse. Mine’s a nice soft leather one that my mother gave me. I love it. It’s usually stuffed full of loyalty/discount cards for any place I shop and that has one. It also usually has about £1.37 in small change in it. Please for the love of God someone give me a job.
- Keys. Got my flat keys and my office keys and a keyring I’m not crazy about but I happened to need one when someone was going around selling them for charity. It’s also got a few more key-fob sized loyalty cards on it and a bottle opener from Yelp. I’m pretty proud of the fact that I lived in Glasgow for ~8 years before I started carrying a bottle opener with me everywhere I went. Most people last less than 8 months.
- Glasses. I don’t need them all the time but if I’m going to a lecture, or to the cinema, or to a new cafe and they have their menu on a board behind the bar, then I really need my glasses. I get mine from Glasses Direct (link to a £30 discount – I’m not sponsored but if you use it I do get an Amazon voucher). The case is a lovely one my sister got me but it’s a little elderly now and I’m afraid I’ll soon have to replace it.
- Kindle, or paperback. Sometimes both. I get a lot of reading done when I’m waiting. Waiting to meet someone, waiting for the subway, waiting for the kettle to boil. Sure, it’s only ~5 pages at a time but that adds up quickly. I read a lot more when I deliberately set time aside to do so, but I don’t know what I’d do whilst waiting if I didn’t always have a book with me. Mine is just a basic WiFi only Kindle with e-ink. It’s in a Discworld case from Waterstones.
This is great! Now if ever anyone steals my bag I can just send the police a link to my blog so they know what to look for. Female Geek Bloggers, you are so wise.
What do you always carry around with you?