Jhona over at Cozy Fashionist nominated me for a Liebster, thanks Johna!. Johna runs a great fashion blog, looking at everything from sports wear to party dresses and I always love to see the outfits she puts together. If you’ve any interest in fashion or beauty I strongly recommend her blog. She’s so fascinating that not one, but five people individually nominated her for a Liebster – you can see her post about it here.
So for those who aren’t aware, a Liebster award is really an opportunity to get to know other bloggers a bit better with the focus being on new bloggers. After a bit of digging I found that it’s been flying around since at least 2013 and that in that time the rules have evolved a little, so don’t be surprised if you see a few different versions.
These aren’t quite the same rules that Johna followed, but they’re a set I’ve seen before and that I think work well, given that it’s all about discovering new blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer a set of 11 questions provided from the blogger that you were nominated by
- Nominate 11 bloggers, each with under 200 followers
- Create your own set of questions for your nominations to answer
So, rule number 1 and 2 have been dealth with, now onto rule number 3, here the answers to the questions I was asked:
- What are your blog goals? I’m not sure I really have any. I do think it’s important to have goals in life but, apart from just being a bit of fun I haven’t decided what I want this blog to do. If people are getting something out of reading it then that’s good enough for me.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live? I loved Tokyo and Seoul but unless I could get really fluent in a second language I don’t think I’d be able to get used to the shear amount of energy it takes to communicate in a place where not everyone speaks English. People who manage it are so impressive. The USA is a bit too gun happy and Australia is full of scary critters. South Africa is scary for a bunch of reasons. So if I’m leaving the UK Canada seems the best option.
- What do you love the most about blogging? That’s an easy one – I love communicating with other bloggers and blog commenters.
- What’s your must-have blogging tool? I’m not sure what this means (blogging newbie) so I’m going to go with: my laptop.
- What are your favourite sweets? I don’t like sweets (I’m reading this to mean candy) but I’m a sucker for really dark chocolate.
- What is your favourite high street store? I had to think about this for a while. I’m awful at shopping and normally do it online or get a personal shopper. Maybe Dorothy Perkins?
- What is your favourite beauty product ever? Dermalogica’s skin smoothing primer.
- Who is your inspiration? So many people are inspiring and I can’t just choose one. Everyone from my friends and family, to my favourite scientists and writers inspire me from time to time.
- How do you spend your free time? Mostly on the internet. Sometimes doing science out reach and public engagement. Sometimes reading or exercising.
- What is your favourite season and why? Summer. Everything’s easier in Summer. I love long days, flowers and sunshine. I like eating ice cream in parks. I like not needing to wear heavy boots and a jacket and not having to carry an umbrella (and I like that if it does rain I just end up getting wet but it doesn’t matter as much because it’s not quite as freezing).
- What makes you smile when you’re having a bad day? My partner. He’s the best.
That was much tougher than I expected! Ok, now for rule 4. The bloggers I nominate are:
- Shehzadi from Hey Beauty Bae
- Emma from Emma Undecided
- Stephanie from Livanie’s
- Paula from Filipina In Germany
- Wilbs from Whatever Wilby
- Hope from High Hopes
- Nikita from Bibliophile
- Simon from Planet Simon
- Hannah from Lipstick Luck
Sorry if any of you have more than 200 followers, I mean no offense, but it’s not always obvious how many followers people have and I’d love to hear your answers to the questions anyway.
Finally rule 5. Here are the questions I want those bloggers to answer:
- Why did you start your blog
- Have you ever wanted to blog about something but not done it?
- What was your favourite childhood movie?
- What do you do to relax?
- Who’s your favourite author right now?
- What’s your biggest goal for 2016?
- What’s your perfect holiday destination?
- Have you tried anything new lately?
- What languages do you speak?
- Please name a female scientist without googling it (don’t worry, this is just me hi-jacking a fun quiz to satisfy my own curiousity – if you can’t name one I won’t judge).
- What’s your favourite creative outlet apart from blogging
I’m really looking forward to reading answers from my nominees. If I don’t comment on your post when you put it up, please give me a nudge to let me know you’ve answered the questions. My comments on WordPress have been weird lately… actually a lot of WordPress stuff has been misbehaving lately – anyone else getting that?
Ah well, thanks for reading. Have a great day!