I love trying new things whenever I can. Every month I share five of the new things I’ve tried for this series. If you’re interested in what I tried in previous months you can find the posts here:
Also, if you think there’s something new that I just have to try then let me know. I’m always open to suggestions. Plus, you’ll be helping me with one of my New Year’s Resolutions (yeah, I’m still keeping those up) so I’ll thank you for it. Anyway, want to know what I tried this month?
- Full time thesis writing. As I mentioned in my recent Life Update, I’m trying to get my thesis done so I can arrange a viva (thesis defence) pass it, graduate, and start telling people I’m a Doctor. Writing full time is tough going but I’m coping and making progress. It’s definitely a different lifestyle to working in the lab though, and I’m rarely at the university more than once a week these days. Working from home (or from a coffee shop) suits me just fine
- Laser Tag. Ok, so maybe I first tried this when I was about nine years old but playing again as a “grown up” is new. I’ve played laser tag twice this month, at two different places and I am still totally horrible at it. I also love it and I want to go back as soon as possible
- Glasgow Women’s Library. I went for an event having never been before and at the end of the event I signed up for membership. It’s has one of the loveliest atmospheres and I kind of just want to go live there and read all of their books
- Coconut oil. Yeah, I know it’s not some kind of magic substance that will melt away every gram of excess weight and also make me taller, I was just curious to try it. Honestly, I’m not sure yet but I’ve only used it once. I’ll keep using it and if I have anything interesting to say about it I’ll write a post.
- Amazon Pantry. I ordered my own weight in store cupboard items and felt like a grown up doing a big shop when everything arrived. Later, P told me that that doesn’t remotely count as a big shop, but P is from a much bigger family than me so I think we can safely ignore his opinion.
It has been a good month, if a slightly strange one because of the shift in lifestyle. I can’t believe we’re already a third of the way through 2016 but I’m excited about what the rest of the year will bring.
Have you been trying anything new this month? Let me know in the comments!