Every month I do a quick round up of at least five of the new things I’ve been trying. I find it’s a fun way of looking back on what I’ve been getting up to and a good way to keep track of things. I’ll put links to previous months’ posts at the end of today’s round up.
This February I have tried:
- Chandeleur – My friend L invited me along to this French holiday and we ate loads of pancakes and had a lovely time
- New hair – After about 9 months of having blue hair I’m starting to ween myself off it, so now I have two-tone blue and brown hair, which I love
- InCoWriMo – This was a bit of a fail. The idea is that every day in February you will hand write a letter to someone. You will post this letter. I think I managed about 12. It was fun, though so I might try again next year with slightly better organisation.
- Crossing The Rubicon – I’d been meaning to try this new restaurant on Great Western Road in Glasgow ever since it opened. When I heard they were doing a bloggers night I was super excited to go check out all their delicious food
- Seminar – I was invited to the University of Sussex to give a seminar about LIGO and gravitational waves. While I’ve given plenty of talks before, both to academic and non-academic audiences, this was my first full-length invited seminar at an external institution. It went well! (Thank goodness)
It’s been a busy month! Also a fun month, but no wonder I’m feeling a bit knackered. Already I’m looking forward to seeing what March will bring.
What have you been up to this month? Have you been trying anything new? Anything I just have to try as soon as possible? Let me know in the comments.
New things I tried in previous months: