Um, you guys? It’s June? Why did no one warn me that the year was going so quickly? How can it be that we’re into month six and I’m still writing 2016 as the date? This seems to happen every year, you’d think I’d get used to it.
Anyway, since the year is already running away with me, I thought I’d do a quick round-up of my top ten favourite health and beauty products so far. I’ve certainly managed to find a few favourites already – things I’m sure I’ll be using for years to come. Sound good? Ok, here we go.
10. TIGI Bed Head Colour Goddess Shampoo and Conditioner. There’s something so luxurious about using fancy shampoos and conditioners instead of your usual Herbal Essences, isn’t there? These smell great, leave my hair soft and are pretty great for helping me hang onto my colour – even if these days I’m trying to get back to brown.
9. ModelCo Contour Stick. I really didn’t expect to get on with this as well as I do, but I ind myself reaching for it more and more often. While I still prefer a pallet of powders for contouring, a quick swipe of this stuff can make a massive difference.
8. Scrub Love Detoxifying Activated Charcoal Body Scrub. This is my favourite scrub right now, having just removed a lovely, lemony Champney’s one from the top spot. It’s an amazing exfoliator and 100% natural, so I’m inclined to forgive it its ridiculous claims of being detoxing. I’ll also forgive that it makes an enormous mess. That’s how good it is.
7. Champney’s Good as New Hand Cream. Actually, the whole set of Champney’s stuff that I was in this Christmas bundle was delightful, but this light and soft hand cream hasn’t left my handbag.
6. Oolution Eye Love. This fab little formula actually does make my eyes look a little brighter and sooths any puffiness wonderfully. Plus, I’m a far of anything that tells me to break the rules every time I pick it up.
5. Trifle Cosmetics Buttercream Hydrating body lotion. Oh you guys, I just can’t get over the fragrance of this one. It reminds me of every childhood birthday party, but in a good way. It’s going to end up costing me a fortune.
4. Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. I picked this up recently when I thought I’d accidentally left my makeup bag on Arran. I hadn’t, it was just in the wrong bag. Anyway, a mad dash to the shop to get the bare minimum replacements left me with this, which I’ve been so impressed with that I now like it better than the old eyeliner it was meant to replace. I bought it in brown because I needed something subtle, but now I want a black one too. Not bad for £2.
3. MeMeMe Beat the Blues Highlighter in Oyster Gold. When I saw this I thought I’d never use it. Now, I can’t stop picking it up to dab a little shimmer onto my cheekbones and I always end up feeling like a pixie when I do.
2. Artistic Colour Revolutions base and top coats. I haven’t once painted my nails this year without using the base and top coats. Thanks to the UV activation, it means the polish continues to harden for the first day or two of wear, and this means the polish lasts ages. What’s not to like?
1. Elgon Deliwash Cleansing Conditioner. I love this stuff. It has literally changed how I wash my hair. I’ve gone from every two or three days to every three or four days, but with a boost from this co-washing product the day before I was with shampoo. Honestly, I think I could push it further.
Special mention: Dr Paw Paw Does it all 7 in 1 Hair Treatment Styler.
I’ve no idea whether this is actually doing anything or if it’s all in my head, but I’ve been using it almost daily since Christmas and it makes me happy.
Not a bad first six months after all! What new products have you been trying and loving so far?
2 thoughts on “Favourite products of 2017 so far…”
I absolutely love the smell of bed head products! Great choice 😍😍 can’t believe it’s June already! Haha xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, they’re glorious! One of those scents that actually linger on your hair for a while too. Such a treat 🙂 xx